Saturday, January 30, 2010
Chicken Ravioli with lemon and fish sauce & Tomato and cream cheese appetizer
Created by Master Chef, but I helped. Finished every single piece of food! It doesn't look it but it's spicy!
Breakfast with a glass of prosecco with a strawberry in it
Chicken Raviloi (Picture Step by Step)
Making wonton sheets with a cup
Circular Pieces of Wonton Sheets
Wrap the stuffing
If you want the detailed ingredients of this dish. Drop a message.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Yesterday I went to my first CBA game this season and boy… things are way different than last year after Yao took over the Shanghai CBA team. The stadium is much cleaner and it looks new, the ticket prices are steeper yet there is a larger crowd. The FANS are actually into basketball unlike last year where games were filled with old men that have nothing better to do with their life and so decide to see a CBA game for 10kuai. John Lucas ex-Rockets teammate of Yao did a good job, he kept the team in a positive momentum and he brings excitement to the team. I hear that Stephon Marbury is going to join the CBA league too, now that’s someone I would like to see courtside.
Fun tidbits of the game:
- The language of basketball is universal especially when it comes to being a hooligan. The locals here are surprisingly fluent with the language of “Booooo…. Airrrr ball..and T..T..T” (A prize goes to the first person who can guess what T represents and no its not tea)
- is freakishly TALL..yes FREAKISHLY
- I also learnt some useful Shanghainese “Ne Zhu Ta” is used while chanting Defense..it means “Kill it” and “Wu Zi” means “You’re da Man”, ppl chant it when someone banks a nice shot
- The starting lineup for the Shanghai team is 60% black
- I’m irrevocably in love with Liu Wei, but shhh don’t tell my bf
- Hook ups I get from my bball teammates are awesome, got the FREE court side ticket! First row baby.. and I saw like 2 other teammates working courtside. And I think “wow..connections..kool! I can never get this back home(HK or Toronto)”
- I’m also irrevocably in love with basketball and I always will be and Melody ROCKS
*Melody is a women’s basketball club in Shanghai which provides pickup games, league games to all women who is interested in basketball. Interested in joining? Email virginia.zheng at yahoo.com
Yao being freakishly tall see how taller he is even to the ppl standing on the stairs
Liu Wei saying hi to his fans...oh..here here here..look here..
Sunday, January 17, 2010
with Wasabi Mash Potato, Slice Apple & Raspberry Sherbet
Beef Burger and Fries
Knew I shouldn't have ordered the burger at an upscale joint. It came lacking at the top bun. The fries were fresh and tasty
Thursday, January 14, 2010
- Start running again. Exercise 4 times a week. I'm purchasing a Nike Sports Band people!!!
- Quit ingesting obscene amounts of toxins. Includes alcohol and junk food
- Treat my parents for a vacation (A vacation to visit me in Shanghai counts too)
- Be financially cautious
- Enjoy the mornings, wake up at least 1hr before walking out the door to work
- Read more books. One book a month at least
- Write my blog once a week. I have been lazy in updating my blog the past 2 years
- Clean more! The ah yi's definitely spoiled me