Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Revolution... starts wid me

"Two nations between whom there is no intercourse and no sympathy..... Who are as ignorant of each other habits, thoughts, and feelings as if they were inhabits of different planets"
Sybil - 1845

This quote was written to express the escalating gap between the rich and poor during the industrial revolution. And I must say, it quite represents what I am experiencing now, no.. I'm not saying that I'm rich or something. Working in China is a very difficult task, I often find myself working with staff who seems like they are on an other planet. Its quite hard to break the normal conformation, expectations and mindframe. Its may sound like a simple task.. "To Motivate"... but how can you "Shift a paradigm?" and also..how long would it take? I don't know it is possible or how long it would take...but i'm commited to change this....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not working in China but I experience the same difficulties as you do. Well to cheer myself up, I would choose to believe everyone has a value...perhaps s/he is not a good employee but a good parent/son/daughter/partner/friend...while you may have no choice in your acquintance at work, but you can choose the people you aquaint with. Work is indeed only a part of life...

Anonymous said...

Motivation begins with understanding. You've got the wits and by writing this blog you've certainly shown you've got the heart to make changes. Show them you understand them, that would break walls and cross boundaries and serve as a good starting point of your revolution. In any case, you'll never be alone..