Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Shanghai ... Qing Dao ...

No internet for a week.. its harder than I thought!!!

During my stay at Shanghai.. I did try to look at some apartments in Shanghai... the price weren't as low as I wanted them to be.. but I must find one near my workplace. A weird incident occured as I was brought apartment hunting by a local agent. I was set to meet him near a junction of Rui Jin Lu and Zhao Ja Ban Lu at 6:00pm, as I didnt have a local number and I didn't want to spend a fortune on roaming..so I just told him what I would wear for him to identify me.. Luckily he did..then something REALLY unexpected occured...
He asked me to hop on the back of his bike (NOTE: bike as in BICYCLE not MOTORBICYCLE).. and so I did.. I tried to sit perpendicular to the back wheel..then I hit my back of my left foot on the wheel... (Painful with a bruise.. I did try to pretend that it didn't hurt)

He said: "Haven't u ever did this?"
My mind said: "Errrrrrr No.. WTF.. I have never rode on the back of a bicycle as my transportation to look for apartments before"
He said: "Don't they have this in HK?"
My mind said "Are you #@$%^& crazy? No.........!"
What I really said " I don't think so.. I haven't tried it before"

After he taught me the proper way to sit .. we were off !! We were on the roads with cars and probably a billion other bikes on the road...then we crossed a major intersection (it was the scariest moment.... I thought I was going to be hit by a bus and a car at the same time)

Finally we arrived..and the apartments were quite nice..as it was a nice neighbourhood..but I swear I have to change the freakin furniture if i do get it....hmm I did find out they had a HUGE IKEA somewhere in Shanghai...

NOW..I am in Qing dao and the weather is absolutely lovely. Nice breeze and a great coastline, it would be a great getaway in China. Aparently they have a lot of European style resident architechture and I thought I WAS in Germany for a brief moment..then it sorta lapsed when the driver started to drive on the other side of the road with oncoming traffic..but hey... that's China...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saimun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saimun said...

I love this post, I miss you, Eva! It's time for you starting to be an independent girl in Shanghai.