Monday, June 05, 2006

But of coz I have snowboarded before...

So I went to snowboarding for the first time today..(i can hear the audience gasping and shaking their heads in disblief)..since when is it a crime for an individual who had lived in Toronto for half of their life has never tried snowboarding / skiing? huh??? Tell me... To make my whole experience more eerie than it is.. I had my first go of the sport in a pretty skimpy indoor place in Shanghai...think smelly equipment with no ski lift..oh wait they did have one..but its so crappy I just refuse to believe that it is a ski lift.

Snowboarding is considered an extreme sport for various reasons.. sometimes its extremely dangerous..but yet extremely fun eventho you're in extreme pain. Let me explain...

After my short intro lesson.. I had a few runs in the bunny slopes.. then I decided to go to the intermediate level (where the sign clearly saids beginners or ppl who can't stop or ppl who can't turn should not enter) But..come on.. knowing my mischevious and adventurous nature ..PLUS..snowboarding is all about looking good..rolling and falling down the slope looks way better then going down a bunny slope at grandma speed. So I went down.. the first few times was alrite..I mean of coz i fell and tumbled a bit ..but no biggie ..it was still fun.. Then about on the 5th or 6th go.. I freakin skidded on the far left and fell on some hard snow..I did like 2 somersaults I think..and when I stopped I just naturally grabbed the sides of my ribs... and in my mind I was thinking boy this really hurts..damn it..while on the other hand I was thinking..falling and doing somersaults in a highly accelerated speed is actually quite exhilerating and quite fun..emmm..am I a masocist or something? Anyhoo after that.. my left ribs kinda hurt while I deep breathe and stuff so I decided to pratice turning on the bunny slopes again...then when it was about time to leave.. I went back to the intermediate slope to go for a few runs for the last time. Everything was ok until my last go.. it had to be like that..why..?? I freaking fell into the same spot..hitting the same spot (my left ribs)..but HARDERRRRRRR! It hurt so much I wanted to scream..but I couldn't..coz I guess the hit was so hard..I couldn't even breathe for like 5 seconds... Oi.....

Injury list
- Strained left ribs I think....can't hold my back straight widout pain..and it hurts even when i yawn...
- Bruise on left foot
- Bruise on left calve..with freaking warts (cox the Class A staff was nice enuff to help me tie the boots but he tied it too damn tight)

After dinner.. I then went for a massage..and the guy keeps telling me..whats wrong with u're neck, back ,spine and lower back..they're all so stiff? I tried to mumble something back but didn't coz I was too busy try to hold my breathe thru all the pain.. but in my mind i was thinkin... neck..prolly coz my head was diving and rollin around in the snow so much..back..prolly coz the back is right next to my ribs???..Spine..think i landed on that during my somersaults at some point..lower back..hell I have no idea..

It was worth it tho...I spose..coz now when ppl ask me..I can say "Oh yes..but of coz I snowboarded before.. you silly...!!"

Yawnnnnn..I'm tired..(Grabbing ribs)..Doh!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first trial with the killing sport that you could end up at work the next day. My first time was so embarrassing that I was taken down by a snow bike from the middle of the slope in Whistler. After a few years of "mastery" I once fell on my ass and fractured the lowest part of my spine....if the injury was more serious I would have ended up in bed the rest of my life. But I totally agree with you that I wouldnt regret picking up this sport.....so care for a ski trip sometime in the winter???

Anonymous said...

It sounds like me and some of my mountain biking! I really should tell my friends if you see me going to attempt a jump, stop me! lols. xox Jon

ps - what do bruised ribs feel like? i think i have one...

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the overzealous boarder is an injured one...but add in the narssicism and call 911 before hand to let them know you're going to be meeting them soon. Hopefully you'll experience the real thing over here in the rockies...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»