Sunday, July 04, 2010

Salmon Tartar and Spaghetti Vongole


Summer is here and wakeboarding season has finally arrive...Oh..yeah..This is season I WILL land a trick. Unfortunately my neck is hurting , which is normal for wakeboarding cos of the falls but my stamina was much better than last year. Must be all the insanity workouts paying off. I wakeboarded in the morning and had to do insanity at night yesterday, god I was soo tired afterwards. Anyway with this summery and giddy feeling after my first run at wakeboarding this season, I made these dishes and both were surprisingly easy to prepare.

Salmon Tartar:
I ordered salmon sashimi for delivery, because I have no idea where to get a nice raw cut of salmon in this town but the sashimi worked perfectly. Basically I just cut the sashimi into tiny cubes then I mixed it into the sauce which combined of a tbsp of dijion mustard mayonnaise, finely chopped red onions (4 tbsp apprx) , capers and a squirt of lemon juice.

For the Spaghetti Vongle, I had no idea it would be so easy.

Step 1.
Mix up 5-6 cloves of finely chopped garlic and 2 red peppers (Those really tiny ones)

Step 2.
Pan Fry half of the mixture

Step 2.
Add in the clams plus 3/4 cup of white wine and lemon juice (1 lemon) , put the lid on cook until done

Step 3.
Add the cooked spaghetti and diced tomatoes (3/4 to 1 tomato) and the 2nd half of the chilli mixture

Done!














Salmon Tartar


2 comments:

Saimun said...

LOOKS SOOOOOOO Yummy....esp Salmon Tartar, want to follow your recipe and try once. But when I saw "cut the sashimi into tiny cubes", I think I need to give up! My weakest part....

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?