Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My zero tolerance for taxi drivers that snubs you for no reason

Okay.. those of you who know me well. KNOS that I'm quite an impatient person.

Things that I hate include:
  • Waiting for mainland waiters
  • Waiting outside a restaurant
  • Waiting to make a consensus decision(even with a bunch of best frds)..Geez just move on already
  • Getting my schedule or plans changed abrubtly (My hairstylist likes to change my appointments a lot, and sometimes my friends say they're at one place..but they didn't tell me that they switch venues)
  • Waiting for ppl in GENERAL ...i think..

But what I most hate and I just can't bring myself to tolerate are fucking cab drivers that snub you.
So this happened in the afternoon...

Background: I just finished accompanying my client to go shopping (sooo boring)..and he was in a rush to attend a conference..and I was in a rush to go back to the office..and needless to say it was during rush hour where we were on the busiest street in Shanghai

Me: Would you please take him to the Shangrila in Pudong
(Peeping thru the side window..to help my non-chinese speaking client give directions)

Cab guy: No

Me: What?? Excuse me? The Shangrila in Pudong.. its near the hyatt..

Cab guy: I'm not going there... I don't know the way
(Rude tone)

Me: What??? Don't tell me that you don't know how to go to Pudong..
(Aggrivated)

Cab guy: I don't know
(A lying tone)

Me: That's impossible ..how can you not know how to go to Pudong? This is Shanghai..and you don't know how to drive to Pudong?
(Bitch mode)

Cab guy: Well..if I dont' know then I don't know
(Sarcastic and full of himself tone.. which everyone knows he's lying)

Me: THAT'S ricidulous..is that your number? (Pointing to his taxi driving plate located in the front seat..coz you can complain about the driver if you're not satisfied with the service)

Cab guy: Oh ..you want to see it..here..here..remember it..(Pulls out the plate..and shows me)
(Sarcastic..and impolitely of course)

Me: Fine... Fine.. Don't worry..I'm copying it right now.. Don't worry..I won't forget to copy your liscense plate too
(Going a bit psycho bitch here...punchin in his number in my phone)

Cab guy: ..............

Me: Yeah..i got it already.. now take off.. "Zou le!!!"
(Giving him the finger simultaneously)

But of coz..like almost instantly after I gave him the finger....I immediately regreted it as I just zapped myself into reality again and realized that .. yes.. my client was standing beside me the whole time.. I'm sure he didn't understand what we were saying but I'm pretty sure he understood the finger..***Okay now.. you guys can stop shaking your heads in disapproval..*** I mean when u're in the moment..

Me to Client: I'm sorry ...but that guy was just being an asshole..
(To wrap up my behaviour..in an embarrassed but still pissed tone)

Yeah...well..2043364..you heard me.. FUCK YOU..

2 comments:

Siu Ching said...

siu pang! i always support u! Dun be angry! but just cant stop laughing while reading haha! i hate the taxi driver in there too!

cowpaul said...

if i were u i am not only give him finger at all i will say to rude driver"fuck u"face to face. therefore u are very polite and gentle to him .
we know u take international gesture to him but everyone will understand u that including your client.