Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Stranger than Fiction














My favourite part of the movie, when he brought her flours (flowers), any girl would warm up to that.

The various themes of this movie, fate vs free will, cassandra complex, intertwined lives, parallel plots,does personality determines your fate or vice versa so forth I absolutly loved this movie because I have always been the biggest fan of fate, Que sera sera, I think it is what get me thru bad moments in time. I am sure if I have lost any particular fraction of second of my life, I or my life would be entirely different but yours would be entirely different too because we are all interelated.

"We must remember that all these things, the nusances, the anomalies, the subtilties which we assume only accesorize our days, are in fact here for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lifes"
-Narrator

But I do however think that our personality affects the person we are, the inner motifs which constitute our choices in life. Being such a big beliver in fate, I always had the happy go lucky memento when shit happens, I would definitely say that I had my fair share of hard times and it did in fact changed my personality. But wait a minute, my personality is actually predisposed as I am also a true believer in zodiac signs. Pisces in Sun, Virgo in Moon. The best that they come with. A truly empathatic peaceful individual who is also a rational determined perfectionist. Which equals, the Type B personality enterprenuer, the determined artist, the little girl who speaks like an adult, the adult who likes to whine to get attention and cuddles, definitely the passivist who is passively agressive, most of all, just an irony that works out pretty well. I am now at the age that would want to be very well developed in my career (which means i will have the brains to screw those in my way, but do not have the stomach for it, emmmmm...unless you make me / my goodness, the negative -postive-negative paradox) With my life, I think it would be nice to be wealthy, but I know that would not be my sole motivator, I would very much want to help, educate and somewhat change and impact the world. As now living in China, I do realize how drasticly different peoples lives can be when they are uncivilized and uneducated.

I never ever regret and do not plan to also, I have always chosen how I live life, after this movie I know how I want to live it or what diretion to live it. I know for me to pursuit happiness is to do what you love, in order to love what you do.




Dr. Jules Hilbert:
"
Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted. "

Harold Crick:
"What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes? "

Dr. Jules Hilbert:
"Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes."


A change of life is all I need....

1 comment:

soon said...

hey how come you write the same movie with me? haha nice nice to read your entry, pretty gd movies.
Great to share your view...:)