Monday, August 18, 2008

Hancock


Hancock - Directed by Peter Berg

Before watching this movie, I have heard some disapointed reviews therefore I believe that gave me a buffer. Hence, its not as bad as I thought it would be. I also thought this would be more of a Drama inspiring film (Along the lines of The Pursuit of Happiness) rather than a comedy. The film had quite a nice freshing start and I had a couple chuckles here and there. Although its felt somewhat fragmented in which Will Smith was doing his Fresh Prince thing and Jason Bateman was doing his Arrested Development thing, it was still funny. Then the film lost me when it took a hard turn into trying to be a romance. Not only is Will Smith and Charlize Theron not a believable couple, it makes their till death do us "together" romance very questionable. So they are soulmates but are better off living forever apart? So Charlize actually likes Jason Bateman more eventhough she will have to live through seeing him age and die? And Will Smith continues being a superhero for the mankind while Charlize Theron opt to be a housewife? FOREVER? Lols

The movie should have stayed with being a comedy...

No comments: