Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympics are over but its a brand new day....

Like everyone else living in China, I believe I have a serious case of Olympics withdrawal. Past two weeks I've been flipping through channels trying to capture as many Olympic moments as I can. I remember I even shed a tear when I saw the major upset in Women's Fencing Final (And I think it was my first time watching the sport anyways) While many attention or news draw upon that Olypmpics was a show of China's economic dominance and their rivalry with the US for the gold medals. But the images I remember was Yelena Isinbayeva last jump, her Olympic record jump for pole vault, Liu Chang walking away the 110m hurdles prelim leaving a stadium with gasps, Cheng Fei's expression when she was finishing her floor routine(she knew that the women's team has landed gold if she did not have any falls), Bolt thumping his chest when he crossed the 100m dash. Its triumpth , its despair, its a sense of relief, its arrogance, its human nature at its best. Let us not forget that Olympics was created to make peace not war and its a celebration not for countries but for the human race.




I've got soul but I'm not a soldier..........................................

No comments: