Friday, November 25, 2005

Should possiblities be worse to bear than certainties?

Why is that we can better bear to part in spirit than in body, and while we have the fortitude to act farewell have not the nerve to say it? On the eve of long voyages or an absence of many years, friends who are tenderly attached will separate with the usual look, the usual pressure of the hand, planning one final interview for the morrow, while each well knows that it is but a poor feint to save the pain of uttering that one word, and that the meeting will never be. Should possiblities be worse to bear than certainties? - Dickens

When am I going to Shanghai for good? I have no idea, but I just know that I'll be going there on Dec 1st for about a week, hopefully I will be able to find a good apartment. The whole situation is a bit unsettling as I've been put on hold for about 3 months now, my life is stagnant. Half of my friends think that I have already left and the other half probably won't really miss me. *Sniff Sniff* Where's my farewell party?? Hehe so ok i'm exaggerating, but I really feel like I need to move on.

No comments: