Monday, March 27, 2006

Phone Antics

Last weekend I got a few calls from some friends, and after answering the phone, they asked me if I was sleeping or not coz my voice sounds really sleepy, when in fact I am WIDE awake working in the office. Come to think of it, a lot of ppl had said the same thing to me, and I think its probably the next mosted used conversation starter of my calls(Most being "Dim ar" or coz). This is one big revealation, why is my voice so crappy when I answer the phone? Thank god my clients never think that I'm sleepy.. so why is that my voice is so crappy when I answer my cell? I'm sure most of you experienced me not answering my calls, and some of you complain about it. I think my body just naturally rejects the notion of picking up calls, it innately prohibits my speaking capabilities. This perplexes me. So here's a poll I want u guys to take to let me better understand the situation.

Phone Answering Capability Poll:
1. Who here has once thought that I was sleeping when answering calls but has learnt that in fact I wasn't?
2. Who can tell the difference of my real sleepy voice or simply crappy voice on the phone? If yes, what's the difference?
3. Why do you think I always miss my phone calls? What can I do to prevent it?
4. Would you like me to change my crappy voice into a perky, cheerful and loving "Hello..How are you doing?"? (It sounds weird even in pen)

Anyway.. I hope all of you can take part of helping me understand myself better... oh and.. please don't don't call me..pls pls pls......and don't hate me becoz i kno you love me...

oh.. and DB..maybe you can put in u're 2 cents too..Since you gave me a thorough in-depth diagnosis of my "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" (Good to know that our taxpayers are getting their money's worth on A-grade researching skills academic scholars..."gag"..)..and I think i mark yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes to all nine traits, so I guess I'm untreatable...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dedicating the last bit of your post to me. I'm happy that you finally realize and accept the fact that your condition is untreatable. But no worries. This PD accounts for only one aspect of you as a person. To be politcally and ethically correct, we do not stimatize you as a "Narcissistic Person", rather you're an individual with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Do you feel much better now?

Ok here comes another free session:

1. Who here has once thought that I was sleeping when answering calls but has learnt that in fact I wasn't?

"The person you're calling cannot be reached at the moment. Please call again later." - I don't think I have the super power to answer this question by this voice clip. I hope I am lucky enough to have YOU picking up the call next time.

2. Who can tell the difference of my real sleepy voice or simply crappy voice on the phone? If yes, what's the difference?

You sound as bitchy while you are asleep, awake, or drunk, over the phone and in person.

3. Why do you think I always miss my phone calls? What can I do to prevent it?

Perhaps you think your friends won't leave you alone. Good to be efficacious. Yet you should also learn from the fact that your life is becoming quieter and lonelier. A "Stages of Change Model" should be able to help you if you do want to get rid of your undesirable habit (details will be left for the next session or you can do your own research if you think you've an urgent need...which I don't believe so).

4. Would you like me to change my crappy voice into a perky, cheerful and loving "Hello..How are you doing?"? (It sounds weird even in pen)

That would be nice, but I won't blame you if you don't. I don't expect an untreatable person to be treated.

Shall I also say a big thank you those taxpayers? I wanna remind you that I do pay tax TOO! Ok, time's up for this free session. You'll be billed next time...

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»