Monday, April 26, 2010

Everybody's Fine - (I want to) Come Home


Was watching Everybody's Fine last night, late last night. I fell asleep in the middle of the movie because it was quite boring and plus I can't sleep without the TV on. Yes, I like to fall asleep with the TV on and wake up in the middle of the night to turn off the TV. So? Anyway, back to the point, I woke up to this song feeling really sad. It sounded really raw, simple and even amateur yet it was perfect for the movie ending plus it was really touching. Thought it was a country singer but later found out it's a new song by Paul Mc Cartney. Awesome...

The story is about a recently widowed man, De niro, trying to connect to his children. Through his visit to each of their homes, he realized he never really knew his children or listened to them. It really makes you feel that when you age, you just slowly lose touch with what is current and sort of isolate yourself. Makes me feel sad for my own parents and wonder if they are feeling lonely. Sigh.

No comments: