Monday, April 12, 2010

Sir Elly elly eh …eh eh eh.. - Review

For those who didn’t get connotation above, I was trying to sing the chorus part of “umbrella”. And those who got it, boy you’re random.

What can I say, The Peninsula Hotel. This restaurant is no Gladdy’s , but unlike the very traditional Hong Kong restaurant, Sir Elly’s has an modern twist to it. From their chic interior with the modern chandelier (Gladdy’s had a chandelier too) to their tasty menu, it still says royalty but also hip. I had the Kumamoto Oysters with the cucumber froth, the truffle risotto (truffle is the rare mushrooms that I eat) and to finish off the duck breast. Oysters were quite refreshing and zingy and the truffle was tasty but not spectacular, the duck breast was a bit of a disappointment as it tasted a bit like a roasted duck in a Chinese restaurant. Perhaps it was the fatty skin that made me feel that way. My friend had the tasting menu, great deal 688 with six courses. Foie gras sauce steamed egg was really yummy, the texture of the steamed egg made me feel like I was eating foie gras, the wagyu however was again so so. I have definitely had better wagyu at Stillers.

The cocktails were just ok, maybe because I made the mistake of ordering a martini that had milk and strawberries in it. Just looking at it made me think of Pepto . Oh and it tasted exactly like it to. Gross , then I switched/stole my friends martini which was a tomatatini which was much better.
















Lobster Appetizer in the Tasting Menu















Truffle Risotto with Parmesan - I don't eat mushrooms...but only truffle















Pepto Martini ..Oh I mean the strawberry milky martini















Kumamoto Oysters with Cucumber foamy sauce..yum















Foie Gras Steamed Egg - The texture was awesome ...it actually made the egg feel like foie gras















Duck breast with fried thingy with asparagus soup in it











Chandelier in Sir Elly's


No comments: