Sunday, October 09, 2005

Turkey Cappadocia

An absoultely excrutiating 10 hrs bus ride to Cappadocia, arrived at 6am in the morning and freezing cold. I'm sick already and that totally didn't help. We then checked in a cave hotel called Shoe String, it was a tiny place but it was absolutely beautiful. When we arrived in Cappadocia it was a wonderful sight when we saw the hot air balloons as a lot of ppl do those tours in the morning. Amazing .. but too high budget for us tho. Then I powered napped for 2 hours, took a hot shower then went hiking around the area. Mariko, Donja(a sweet German girl we met on our bus ride) and I went to Goreme Open Air Museum which were oddly shaped caves and churches, then we walked through Red Valley and Rose Valley which had very cute mountains which looked like ice-cream. I was sooooooo hungry as I didn't eat breakfast nor lunch but we just decided to continue to walk to Cauvsin where we walked up to the mountain of an old church. At first we decided to take the dolmus (which is the local bus system) home but we figured we could have just walked and that was another 3km... Gosh..... I was walking from 11am- 7pm non-stop!!!!!!! But it was worth it!!!

Next day in Cappadoccia, we joined a local tour which starts at 9:30am, first we went to see the Panoramic View of Goreme which was breathtaking, then we went to a Underground city where people would hide and stay during wars in old days. Then we had a short hike in Ihlara Valley and it was beautiful... I loved it!!! Then lunch at the end of the valley. We then went to Selime to see the star-wars "look alike" site and Avanos for some shopping where I bought something special for Saimun, but I seriously think I got a TOURIST price for that. Lastly, we went to see the fairy chimneys which is so cute!! But they look like my most hated enemy..... mushrooms...

Last day in Cappadocia, Mariko , Tim (an aussie we met during the tour) and I went for a hike in Pigeon Valley which was amazing and the hike actually took us to Uchisar where we had an amazingly cheap buffet lunch, I think it was the first time that Mariko and I ate so so much!!! Then after lunch we visited the castle in Uchisar, and Tim went back to Goreme coz he decided to go with us to Istanbul, so Mariko and I continued to walk the Honey Valley and White Valley. The hike may not have as much lovely landscapes to see but it was great. I have never felt so free coz I couldn't see any other living person from miles and miles away, for a moment it felt like I owned the whole Cappadocia..the best feeling anyone can have I spose....

and so to to final destination ..Istanbul....

No comments: