Saturday, October 22, 2005

Turkey Istanbul

So it is my last journal entry of my trip..............Tukey Istanbul

Yes.. so we arrived at Sulvanmet in 6am but we had no sign of Tim...he was supposed to meet us in the Bus Stop... (I'm sorry Tim.. we didn't mean to trick u to come with us to Istanbul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

We went to search for Hostels and so we ended up with Mavi Guesthouse.. It was a pretty nice deal.. with breakfast included... I showered...and tried to get ready.. but for some reason .. my eyes were like burning...and it felt like hell.. so I went for breakfast and hoped it felt better.. but it didn't .. so I went back to the hostel and took a power nap for like 2 hrs.. and I got like a fever in between during my sleep..then we were off to the Blue Mosque.. it was quite an experience .. very peaceful and it was Ramadan also. After that we went to the "Grand Bazaar" . I thought I did quite well on bargaining..after that we went to a very n ice Turkish Bath place.. it was amazing..and tit actually cured my cold!!!!! Lastly we went to the Ramadan festival near the Blue Mosque and we ate a lot!

2nd day at Istanbul, we woke up and went to Hagia Sphia, it was a special place with lots of art pieces.. i think it was my favourite place in Istanbul. Then we walked to Egypt Plaza..and we walked on the bridge to the New European side of Istanbul during sunset. It was a coincidence that we walked into an art gallery on our way back to home, we walked in... bought a few post cards for a very resonable price ..and ended up having dinner with the artist painter and enjoyed their Ramadan meal with them. Again, we went to Turkish bath for one last time coz it was so so enjoyable, then we went to have Turkish Pipe with the ppl we met in the art gallery .. and lastly we went to an exlusive club called "dali"... danced danced and dance.. what a way to finish our trip....... ne.. mariko chan.. ehhhhhhhh.. samishi yooo...

To conclude.. this trip was a great experience for me.. mostly becoz of the ppl I met during it.. Eventho I didn't get the emails of most of them. We were at the same place in the same time..and our paths crossed.. we inspired one another with our own stories..and that was truly the most amazing part of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eva-chan!!
watashi mo samishii yo!

so you went to see the NBA game??
how envy!!

im glad you're having fun ne!!
my side....things are going so slow
here and my job-hunt is taking looong time...oh well, i do whatever i can do and see what\s gonna happen.

Even with all these unexpected happenings, both good and bad ones, it was so great to have been able to travel with you...!
you were a great travel companion and i miss you sooooo much!!

take care, and enjoy your trip!!

luv,
mariko